It’s easy to plan a week-long trip to Walt Disney World. You line up 4-5 days at the parks, spend time at your resort, and maybe check out other spots in Orlando. This process gets a little trickier when the timeframe is shorter, however. A weekend Disney World trip is still great fun, but the limited time means choosing which parks and attractions are the most important.
On this episode of The Tomorrow Society Podcast, I delve into my touring strategies and other plans for our upcoming vacation over MLK weekend in January. We’re staying four nights at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and will spend three days at the parks. This shortened time might seem like a hindrance, but it also simplifies the countless options to face when visiting Disney World.
I cover quite a few topics during this episode, including these questions:
- Which parks should we visit during the weekend, and on which days?
- Should I splurge for a savanna-view room again at the Animal Kingdom Lodge?
- What lessons did I learn from recent vacations that I’d apply to this trip?
- How did I navigate the Flight of Passage challenge when selecting FastPasses?
- What restaurants did we select given the shorter planning time for ADRs?
- How will we handle the three Tier 1 FastPass attractions at Epcot?
- What is my overall touring mentality given this trip’s shorter duration?
I’m excited to check out Pandora for the first time and see Happily Ever After, the nighttime show at The Magic Kingdom. We’ll also take another shot at visiting Frozen Ever After, which went down on our last visit. Regardless of which attractions we do, it’s sure to be another fun trip to Disney World.
Have feedback on this post or general thoughts on the site? Contact me by e-mail.
Stay updated on all the latest blogs and podcasts; join The Tomorrow Society today!